Post Treatment Advice
Many people feel very different as soon as they get off the treatment couch; others start to feel the changes over a couple of days. It is not unusual to feel a sense of freedom or to feel more upright. You may also feel relaxed and sleepy and notice your body standing and moving differently between treatments.
Sometimes, as muscles let go of old injuries you may experience some achiness; drinking sufficient water and keeping mobile will help you process these symptoms. Think of this as your body sorting out a new way of reacting to the changes. Note and report all the changes back to me.
24-48 hours following your Amatsu OrthopathicTherapy balance, please:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Keep mobile e.g. have a brisk, short walk swinging your arms.
- Avoid strenuous exercise.
- Don’t over do uncomfortable postures which may have contributed to your body’s problems e.g. sitting hunched over a computer keyboard or holding a telephone to your ear.
- Go barefoot at home or where possible and avoid high heels.
- Have a warm bath or shower.
- Although gentle, Amatsu Orthopathic Therapy is asking your body to release lots of restrictions that it may have held for a very long time, so you may be quite tired.
- Importantly, listen to your body – it will tell you what it needs.