Many people feel very different as soon as they get off the treatment couch; others start to feel the changes over a couple of days. It is not unusual to feel a sense of freedom or to feel more upright. You may also feel relaxed and sleepy and notice your body standing and moving differently between treatments. Sometimes, as muscles let go of old injuries you may experience some achiness; drinking sufficient water and keeping mobile will help you process these symptoms. Please think of this as your body sorting out a new way of reacting to the changes. Reporting changes back to your practitioner will be a major benefit in your treatment structure.
- Drink plenty of water
- Keep mobile e.g. have a brisk, short walk swinging your arms
- Avoid strenuous exercise
- Don’t overdo uncomfortable postures which may have contributed to your body’s problems e.g. sitting hunched over a computer keyboard or holding a telephone to your ear
- Go barefoot at home or where possible and avoid high heels
- Have a warm bath or shower
- Be kind to your body. Although gentle, Amatsu Orthopathic Therapy is asking your body to release lots of restrictions that it may have held for a very long time, so you may be quite tired
- Importantly, listen to your body – it will tell you what it needs
If your treatment has been in response to gastric, abdominal or immune system based symptoms you may wish to try to avoid those foods that could commonly cause dehydration or that are commonly known to provoke stress reactions in the body (such as refined sugars, processed foods and caffeine base products.) This is in line with a normal healthy diet. If you have any questions or concerns following your treatment please contact your practitioner who will be able to discuss them with you.
Amatsu Orthopathic Therapy should not be used to replace medical treatment without consultation with your GP. If unsure, please consult your local Amatsu Orthopathic Therapy practitioner and your GP for advice.